Meet the Staff: Caitlin Johnson

Westborough Country Club's Employee Feature of the Month
Caitlin Johnson, Events Director

Caitlin Johnson has been at Westborough for just over a year. 
We decided to have a sit down and learn more about her.



Q: What college did you go to?

CJ: I graduated from University of Missouri in May of 2013.

Q: What did you study at Mizzou?

CJ: Human Development and Family Studies

Q: That sounds fun! But how did you get into event planning?

CJ: All through high school and college I worked at a Country Club
 and I mostly worked events. So I had a lot of experience 
so when the opportunity arose, I applied and here I am!

Q: What is your favorite Club event?

CJ: I love Night Golf. It was one of the first events that I planned 
when I got to WCC last year. This year was even more fun.
 It's great to see the Members having such a good time. 
It is such a unique event and both the Members and the staff really enjoy it.

Q: What do you want Members to know about event planning at Westborough?

CJ: I think a lot of people think that event planning is time consuming or a hassle, 
but it really isn't. We work with budgets of every type and are as flexible 
as we can be. Plus, we always have a lot of fun. 

Q: What is your favorite part about Westborough?

I really enjoy getting to know the Members. The Members are so welcoming
 and very genuine people. I get to know the Members 
who plan private events the best because 
we spend a lot of time together working on their events.

Q: Wonderful! So, what is your favorite thing to do in St. Louis?

CJ: I love listening to live music. I go to as many concerts as I possibly can. 
I also love trying new restaurants.

Q: What is your favorite concert venue in St. Louis?

CJ: My favorite would have to be the Old Rock House. I just love everything about it. 

Q: Since you have tried so many restaurants in St. Louis, which is your favorite?

CJ: The best restaurant I have ever been to would be a tie between Five Bistro 
on the Hill or Sidney Street Cafe. But if we are going out
 before a show or out for the evening, 
we frequent the Shaved Duck.

Q: What do you like to do outside of work?

CJ: I really enjoy checking out local breweries.
 I also walk in Tower Grove Park as often as I can.
 And I love to cook.

Q: What is your favorite dish to cook?

CJ: I try to cook something different every time instead of always 
cooking the same thing. My recent favorites would be a breakfast frittata 
or salmon and asparagus. I use Pinterest or Food Network
 for most of my ideas and then I try and make each dish my own.



Q: So you watch a lot of Food Network, is that your favorite TV station?

CJ: Oh yes, I watch it constantly. But I also love House of Cards, 
Homeland, Breaking Bad, shows like that.

Q: Last question, where will your next vacation be?

CJ: Short term I would like to go back to Red Rocks, CO. 
We went this year for Widespread Panic and it was amazing. 
Long term I would love to go to Scotland and Ireland. 
I have never been out of the country 
and those are at the top of my list.

Thank you Caitlin Johnson for the interview! 
If you would like to plan an event at Westborough 
please contact Caitlin Johnson at events@westboroughcc.com 
or call the office at 314-968-5333.


Comments

Popular Posts