Letter from the New Fitness Director- Jennifer Kates

Dear Westborough Members,



I am very excited to join the team at Westborough Country Club and help the membership achieve their fitness goals! I know that it will be a tall order to fill Julie’s shoes, but I will try my best to continue all the positive aspects she has incorporated into the program and will strive to enhance the overall fitness experience here at Westborough!

 I grew up in St. Louis and went to Incarnate Word Academy. I played soccer at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville where I majored in Exercise & Wellness with a minor in business. After receiving my undergraduate degree, I worked as a personal trainer and then became the Director of Personal Training for Dynamic Fitness Management. I realized I wanted to further my education so I went back to SIUE for a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology. During this time, I was a graduate assistant for Strength & Conditioning so I had the pleasure of working with the Division 1 athletes in the sports performance programs. I moved to Denver this past summer for a sports performance position with a brand new company.

 While my time in Denver has been full of amazing learning experiences, meeting great people, and connecting to a strong and powerful network in the fitness industry, I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to come home to St. Louis and be near my family. Like any native St. Louisian, I love the Cardinals, the history of the city, and the welcoming feel of the Midwest. 

I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. I will be starting at Westborough on April 28th so stop by the fitness center and say hello!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Kates

Comments

Popular Posts